Quality Assurance Technician
Amphenol Fiber Systems International (AFSI) is a full service fiber optic company specializing in the fabrication and manufacture of fiber optic connectivity products and systems. Our commitment to technical excellence makes us an industry leader in providing sophisticated products and professional technical assistance in the fiber optic industry. AFSI, located in Allen Texas, has and will continue to base its strategy on technical and application support, quality assurance, product performance and value.
The Quality Assurance Technician will drive and lead continuous improvement metrics using data derived from customer complaints, customer feedback metrics, return material analysis, internal and external non-conformances, and internal and external audits.
The Quality Assurance Technician will interface with all levels of the organization, be a flexible contributor, and a team player utilizing Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing Techniques.
- Collect and interpret quality data
- Drive continuous improvements i.e.: quality on-time delivery, reduce defects, improve processes, eliminate return materials
- Conduct Corrective Action Board (CAB) meetings
- Interface with cognizant individuals to solve problems
- Facilitate team meetings
- Facilitate and lead Design of Experiments (DOEs)
- Multi-task in meeting deadlines
- Evaluate internal processes and facilitate improvements
- Perform internal audits
- Monitor and improve internal production metrics
- Coach and mentor others in QA practices and principles
- Multi-task and work in a team environment
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Possess strong process-based skills
- Possess problem solving techniques using analytical root cause (3 to 5 why’s)/corrective and preventative action philosophies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid understanding of technical and computer skills with the ability to navigate within the customer order data base
- Strong project management skill set; detail oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong understanding of best practices in customer service
- Team player
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or an equivalent field of interest; OR
- Three years’ experience Quality Assurance experience; preferably in a manufacturing environment
- ISO 9001 experience a plus but not required
- ASQ CQA Certification a plus but not required
The noise level in the work environment is typically quiet. Cubicles and workshops are in an open environment set-up. The work environment is primarily located in an office setting but contact with the production floor may be needed on occasion. The noise level in the production environment is typically moderate.
While performing the responsibilities of the Quality Assurance Technician’s job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, type or feel. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color and peripheral vision with depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Amphenol Fiber Systems International is a proud Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.